Thursday, March 18, 2010

Appreciation

Having just come back from Spring Break, my brain is currently on a hiatus from all this school work. It seems to bring up every possible excuse when I attempt to do work. That's how we (college students - maybe even people in general) are. I am blessed with so much more than so many people, yet complain about how I have to do this assignment or that assignment. I'm given the chance to go to college, so I can be more knowledgeable. I'm given so many more opportunities to do things with my life and I treat it as just another task I'm called to do.

As Spring break has reminded me, there are people out there who aren't given the same opportunities that I have. After all, how many people have traveled to so many countries, lived in so many places, met so many great people in 19 years. I should take advantage of what I have and appreciate the fact that I am given this opportunity. I should do things that are given me and do them to the best of my abilities; however, more than this, I am to appreciate the fact that I do have the chance to be here, to learn. Otherwise, there would be no point for me being here in college and the sacrifice my family - especially my parents - made for me to be here would be for nothing. In the end, it would be a waste, not only for myself, but also for the people that care for me if I do not learn to appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment