Sunday, November 1, 2009

Live Today

As a kid, I've always longed to be an adult with the liberty to do whatever I want, whenever I want. Being surrounded by two older brothers, I saw how exciting things would be as I got older. For instance, I saw how much freedom came along with turning 18 and getting a driver's license. However, I've obviously aged and grown wiser - I hope. I've seen those days fly by and now I realize the misconceptions that I've had as a kid. Life does not start tomorrow, the monumental day you graduate from high school, or even when you turn 21. It started the minute you became conscious of your surroundings and able to make decisions for yourself.

It is a pity that so many of us sit around dreaming of the future. It is true that there are certain things you must go through before you can attain the ideal future. However, it is foolish to waste our time and let it rot as we daydream about what we could be. We should be proactive and take advantage of what we have around us. It's a shame that so many people I see struggle to make it through college and can only think of what they want to do once they get out. I don't think it should be that way. They should be doing what they love in college and when they get out of college, whether that be building things or changing the world. Understandably, some things may be difficult to start, but why should that stop you from doing what you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment